Levitate Social Media Best Practices
Our Levitate Marketing Experts have compiled a few Social Media Best Practices. Please click here to see the entire .pdf document.
Tone: Embrace the informal tone that dominates social media, and don’t be afraid to use some well-placed emojis and even a joke or two to get your message across!
- Type of content: On social media, people either want to be entertained or educated (and it’s never a bad thing to accomplish both in a single post!). Mix your lighthearted touches with bite-sized bits of helpful guidance to make your social presence well-rounded.
Where they work: Links usually translate well into Facebook and LinkedIn posts, but they will not be clickable for Instagram posts
How to work around link shortcomings: If you would like to include a link and post to all three platforms, you can post a version to Facebook and LinkedIn with the link and a version to Instagram without the link. (The Instagram post could note “Link in Bio,” and you can then add the link to your Instagram profile bio.)
- Social media platforms:
- Facebook- Globally, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. are generally the best timeframes to post. Posts done on Saturday garner the least engagement.
- Instagram- Tuesday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and at 11 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are generally the best times to post globally.
- LinkedIn- 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is typically the best time to post globally. (Time matters less on LinkedIn than on other platforms due to differences in its algorithm.)
- A note on algorithms: While these are the best times to post looking at data across the globe, social media algorithms are finicky; you may find posting at different days and times work better for your company. If you have the time, testing the timing that works best for your company will pay off in the long run.
- Frequency: If you’re just starting out, consider trying to post on social media once a week or so. Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, try moving to multiple posts per week. A tiered approach is most effective.
Building a Following
- Send an email: Leverage our social media announcement template to let clients know you’ll be using social media more often and would like to connect with them there. Include your profile links in the email so they can easily follow you!
- Use hashtags strategically: Feel free to include hashtags, but don’t go overboard. Hashtags can help people find your posts, but having too many can distract from your message.
- Engage with responses: Once you’ve posted, it’s crucial to carve out time to engage with any responses your post receives. This is one of the best ways to build your following.